NOTE: This page is preserved for archive purposes. For information on the current incarnation of Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood, click here.
Haunted Theme Park Attraction
Universal Studios, Hollywood
100 Universal City Plaza
Univeral City, CA 91608
Universal Studios Website click here
HHN Website: click here
2011 HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS DATES: September 22-24 & 30, October 1, 7-9, 14-16, 20-23, 27-31. This is a separate event that takes place every evening, after the Universal Studios theme park closes for regular business.
2011 HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS TIMES: Doors open nightly at 7:00pm. Park closes at 2:00am on Fridays and Saturdays, at 1:00am on Sundays and weeknights. (NOTE: The Terror Tram line closes at 9:00pm on Sundays and Thursdays.)
2011 HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS TICKETS:
- General Admission: $47-57 in advance (depending on night of attendance) or $62 at the gate
- Front of the Line Pass - ranges from $69 to $89 in advance
- Day-Night Combo (enjoy the park by day, stay for the scares at night) – $85
- VIP Experience - includes front of the line privileges, exclusive entry to the Vampire BLood Lounge, and a Guided Tour of the Back Lot, for $169-189.
- Advance tickets are available on the website at a reduced price (plus a a 99-cent processing fee); discounts vary by date of admission. Killer Deal Nights offers discounts of up to $25 in advance; supplies are limited.
- Group Sales for 6 or more. Call 818-622-1150
HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS FEATURES: Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood features the most elaborate mazes, props, special effects, and makeup of any Halloween haunt in Los Angeles. Like Knott’s Scary Farm, Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights features a mix of mazes, shows, and scare zones specially crafted for the season.
UPDATE FOR HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS 2011: Universal Studios Hollywood goes all out, almost totally revamping its haunt for this year. There are six mazes (instead of four), and almost all of them are new. The Scare Zones feature a couple of returnees, plus some new additions.
2011 HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS MAZES: Abandoning Freddy, Jason, and Jigsaw, who have haunted the studio for the past few years, Universal Studios Hollywood offers five brand new mazes and one returning attraction:
- NEW! The Thing: Assimilation
- NEW! Eli Roth’s Hostel: Hunting Season
- NEW! Alice Cooper: Welcome to My Nightmare
- NEW! La Llarorona: Villa de Almas Perdidas
- NEW! The Wolfman: The Curse of Talbot Hall
- Rob Zombie’s House of 1000 Corpses in 3-D Zombievision
- NEW! Scream
- NEW! The Reapers
- NEW! Zombieville
- Klownz (in the New York City area)
- Freakz (renegade sideshow performers)
OTHER 2011 HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS ATTRACTIONS: The Terror Tram is back, and so is the popular Bill & Ted Halloween show.
- The Terror Tram features the usual tour of the back lot, including a walk past the Psycho House. This year, the theme is “SCREAM 4 Your Life”.
- Bill & Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure is back, offering pop culture spoofs and a chance to sit down and take a break from walking around the park.
2011 HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS RIDES: All of the regular rides and attractions remain open for business, some especially decked out for Halloween. Univeral promises to transform the standard attractions into “bloodbaths, as if scenes from hororr films…exploded to life.”
- King Kong 360 3-D: The Skull Island Express
- Revenge of the Mummy – The Ride
- Jurassic Park – In the Dark
- The Simpsons Ride
OTHER HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS INFORMATION: The official website advises that this event is not recommended for children under 13. No costumes or masks are allowed.
HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS HISTORY: After a disappointing debut in the 1980s, Universal Studios Halloween Horror presentation was resurrected to good effect in the 1990s, including numerous elaborate mazes, featuring brand names like Rob Zombie and Clive Barker. After the turn of the millennium, Universal’s Hollywood studios neglected to present a Halloween attraction for a number of years (although Universal Studios in Florida did have a 2005 haunt). 2006 saw Universal Studios Hollywood back in business for Halloween.