Theme Park Attraction
3500 Polk Street
Riverside, CA 92505
Website: Click here
2012 Dates: To Be Announced. Generally the park follows this schedule:
- “Fun by Day” – weekends throughout October
- “Fright by Night” – Friday-through-Sunday during October
2012 Hours: To Be Announced. Generally the Castle Park follows this schedule:
- “Fun by Day” noon-10pm
- “Fright by Night” 5pm-10pm.
- Note: Castle Park closes at 8pm weekdays, 10pm Fridays & Saturdays, 9pm Sundays.
2012 Tickets: includes Fun by Day and Fright by Night Activities.
- $24.99 for all-day General Admission
- $16.99 for all-day Junior Admission (under 48 inches)
- Free for children under 36 inches
Description: During October, Castle Park bills itself as “Castle Dark.” During the day, it claims to be “the perfect place to bring the kids for Halloween” – promising that children “can trick or treat, ride the rides, and enjoy all the fun and excitement of the Fall season, without a single scare.”
When the sun goes down, the terror arrives, courtesy of two mazes, “Insanity” and “Carnevil,” plus Slider Alley, and scary themed rides, including the train ride “Terror on the Tracks.” For 2012, Castle Dark promises to add a new, as-yet unnamed maze, which the park describes thusly:
…a Main Street in a small American town that has been taken over by evil shop keepers, creepy citizens and horrendous otherworld villians. Town includes a Chili Shack, Chainsaw Kitchen, The Doll House, Motel Hill, Slasher Family Mortuary and a Morgue.