Walk-Through Halloween Attraction
20 N. Raymond Avenue
(corner of Colorado Blvd)
“Old Town” Pasadena, CA 91103
This is one of the best Halloween events in the Los Angeles area, thanks to its unique underground setting. If you live in the Pasadena area, don’t miss it. If you live farther away, it’s worth the trip.
OLD TOWN HAUNT 2012 DATES & HOURS:
- October 5-6: 7-11pm (Friday-Saturday)
- October 12-13: 7-11pm (Friday-Saturday)
- October 18: 7pm-midnight (Thursday)
- October 19-20 7-midnight (Friday-Saturday)
- October 21: 7-10pm (Sunday)
- October 25: 7pm-10pm(Thursday)
- October 26-27: 7pm-midnight (Friday-Saturday)
- October 28: 7-11pm (Sunday)
- October 30: 7-10pm (Tuesday)
- October 31: 7pm – midnight (Wednesday, Haloween night).
OLD TOWN HAUNT 2012 UPDATE: The haunt promises to be longer and scarier than ever, with new added attractions. Click here for our latest articles on the haunt.
OLD TOWN HAUNT 2012 KID’S MATINEE: Old Town Haunt no longer offers a lights-on kiddie version of their maze. However, they do present a milder matinee recommended for children ages 7-12; there are some effects, no live monsters, and fewer scares.
- October 27-28 (Saturday-Sunday) from noon to 4:00pm.
OLD TOWN HAUNT 2012 TICKETS:
- Kid’s Matinee: $10.00 for children matinees (adult & children price)
- October 5-25: $15 General Admission; $20 VIP (no waiting)
- October 26-31: $17 General Admission; $22 VIP (no waiting)
- $30 VIP fast pass and T-Shirt.
OLD TOWN HAUNT 2012 DISCOUNTS: Group discounts – for 16 or more – are available. Call the phone number above for details. (Not good with other offers.)
OLD TOWN HAUNT PARKING: There is metered parking on Raymond Avenue. Parking is also available at nearby garages. Rates from 5:00am to 10:00pm are free for 90 minutes or less, $2 thereafter, $6 daly maximum; from 10:00pm to 5:00am there is a flat rate of $5.
- Schoolhouse Parking Facility: 33 E. Green Street
- De Lacey Parking Facility: 45 S. De Lacey Avenue
- Marriott Parking Facility 171 N. Raymond Avenue.
OLD TOWN HAUNT LEGEND: Located in the heart of Old Town Pasadena, this haunt (which bills itself as “Pasadena’s biggest and scariest”) is situated in a venerable building that (according to the website) is a bank that was robbed decades ago: the robbers tried to escape through catacombs underground but were found horribly managled by some unknown agency. Since then the catacombs have been closed, but now they are re-opened for you to explore.
OLD TOWN HAUNT FEATURES: Old Town Haunt has a distinctive, subterranean setting that makes it unique among Halloween attraction in Los Angeles. You enter by walking down darkened stairs into dismal catacombs illuminated only by faint, flickering light. The sets and props are impressively elaborate and convincing as you explore the labyrinth of tunnels (including a tiny crawlspace). Haunted by numerous ghoulish ghosts and angry apparitions, the underground haunt is more than extensive enough to give you your money’s worth.
OLD TOWN HAUNT VIDEO: Check out our video tours of Old Town Haunt. The 2006 vid features a descent into the catacombs. The 2008 vid includes a behind-the-scenes interview with the proprietor.