Halloween Hayride, Maze & Carnival
Griffith Park Old Zoo
4730 Crystal Springs Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Phone: (818) 871-9486
The Los Angeles Haunted Hayride ranks among the best ways to enjoy Halloween in Los Angeles – a half-hour tour of terror through the haunted grounds of the Griffith Park Old Zoo, where the demons of Hell emerge to torment your soul.
2014 Haunted Hayride News
The Los Angeles Haunted Hayride returns for its sixth season, with two new attractions: House of the Horsemen and Seven Sins Sideshow. This year’s theme is the apocalyptic “Echoes from the Rift,” which explores what happens when the gates of Hell yawn open to disgorge a horde of demons upon the Earth.
Other entertainment includes the interactive Theatre Macabre and the In-Between Dark Maze. The carnivalesque Purgatory area will again include a Scary-Go-Round, a House of Mirrors, Psychics, Freak Shows, a pumpkin-carving shack, and Death Row and Death Row (which allows a look at deadly devices from history).
2014 Haunted Hayride Dates:
- October 3-5, 9-12, 16-19, 23-26, 29-31
Haunted Hayride Hours:
Arrive early to avoid lines and sell-outs.
- 7pm to 10:30pm on weekdays
- 7pm to midnight on Fridays and Saturdays
Haunted Hayride Tickets:
Cash only at box office. May be purchased in advance online with credit card, but you must bring your credit card and i.d. to pick up the tickets at the box office.
- General Admission: $30 for Hayride only
- All Attraction Pass: $42
- VIP Admission (all attraction pass with front-of-the-line privileges): $58
- Group Rates available for 20 or more
- Private Wagon (up to 30 people, includes All Attractions VIP Pass): $1,325
Super Saver Discount Prices are available for Wednesdays and Thursdays
- General Admission: $5
- All Attractions Pass: $37
- VIP: $53
Griffith Park Parking:
- They Haunted Hayride is not recommended for children under 10.
- No smoking or fires on the premises
- No alcohol on the property
- Do not touch oak trees; do not touch actors; stay in wagon at all times
- No costumes allowed.
- The Los Angeles Haunted Hayride is committed to scaring its victims without scaring the local wildlife.
Los Angeles Haunted Hayride History:
This Halloween attraction made its Los Angeles debut in 2009 at 26800 West Mulholland Highway, Calabasas, CA 91302. For 2010, it moved to Griffith Park. In 2011, the Haunted Hayride’s theme was ”Through the Eyes of a Child.” The carnival element of the attraction was reduced: some sideshows remained, but the traditional fairgrounds-style rides were removed. (Needless to say, the hayride remained.)
The 2013 was dubbed The Congregation, which was replaced in 2013 by a new theme allegedly based on true events. As before, the L.A. Haunted Hayride offered three separate attractions: the Hayride itself; the In Between Maze; and Purgatory (a sort of scare zone sideshow).
Haunted Hayride Video:
Check out Hollywood Gothique’s videos of the Los Angeles Haunted Hayride.
Haunted Hayride Photographs
Click here for the archive of the L.A. Haunted Hayride