Haunted House Attraction
2012 Dates: September 21-23, 28-30; October 5-7, 12-14, 19-21, 26-31; November 1-3 (Day of the Dead celebration). NOTE: Originally announced dates on September 21-23 have been cancelled.
- Dark Tours: 7pm-midnight on Fridays & Saturdays; 7pm-10pm on other nights
- Saturday & Sunday “Lights On Tours” noon to 4pm
- $13 for General Admission; RIP Fast past is $20-25, depending on date.
- The Coffin Ride is $5 for single occupancy, $9 for double.
Discount: $3-off coupon at participating stores
2012 News: This haunt, which made its debut in 2010 as Forbidden Haunt, moved to Oxnard in 2011, where it was renamed Fears Gate. For 2012, they chose “Zombie 2012 Apocalypse” as their theme.
2010 information is listed below for archival purposes. The new Fears Gate haunt appears to be reusing much of what was seen in the Forbidden Haunt.
Description: Making its debut for Halloween 2010, this haunt trotted out the well worn chestnut of killer klownz but with an engaging twist: it is actually set inside a circus tent, lending the ambiance of a real carnival. Forbidden Haunt promised “Unspeakable Fear” too terrifying for children, but there were lights-on matinee shows for the kiddies. There was also a “Weak Freak” clause which insists that you will not receive a refund for chickening out. Entertainment included:
- “Your Last Ride,” a double wide hearse with motion-simulator to create the experience of traveling to your final destination.
- Madeline Speak on October 29 & 30 at 9:00pm
- ImpaktBand on October 15 at 8:00pm, October 23 at 4:00pm, October 29 & 30 at 8:00pm
- Phantom Coaches Hearse Club on October 23 at 5:00pm
Proceeds benefited Disabled American Veterans, Simi Valley Chapter 55.
VIDEO: Check out our video of the 2010 Forbidden Haunt.