Last October, Hollywood Gothique made its first trip up north to check out some of the Halloween events in the East Bay Area near San Francisco. Previously, we posted the fruits of that endeavor in a review and video of the Candle Lighters Ghost House and in a review of the Pirates of Emerson. The latter attraction (located at the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton, California) has developed quite a reputation over the last few years, having expanded from its titular walk-through haunt into a mini-theme park with half a dozen mazes, plus various sideshows.
The Pirates of Emerson occupies a sort of no-man’s land in terms of classification: it is bigger than the typical Halloween Haunted Houses & Hayrides, but not so grand as the famous Halloween Theme Park Attractions, a la Knotts Scary Farm and Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood. Nevertheless, it stands up among the more memorable Theme Park Halloween Events, in that it provides more than enough ghost and ghouls to keep you screaming for the entire evening.
Unfortunately, we were not allowed to videotape inside the mazes, and we did not have time to post the video last October; however, we have managed to put together some clips that will hopefully give you an idea of what the Pirates of Emerson have to offer.
For more on - Bay Area Haunts 2011 - click the links below.
- Pirates of Emerson 2011 - Bay Area Haunt Review (More on this topic)
- Hollywood Gothique on MSN.com: 14 Houses to Haunt You on Halloween (Click here for more)
- The Candle Lighters Ghost House 2011: Haunted Hotel - Review & Video (This might also interest you.)
- Fright Nights returns to Winchester Mystery House for Halloween 2012 (This might also interest you.)
- Winchester Mystery House Fright Nights 2012: Interview (This might also interest you.)