We had written the gruesomely good Halloween yard maze known as Nightmare Junction, since it had been out of operation for 2007, 2008, and 2009. To our surprise, during a swing through Burbank on our annual yard haunt odyssey, we found the haunt resurrected – as big, bold, and bloody as ever.
Back when we first started the Halloween Yard Haunt Odyssey, Nightmare Junction was one of the first amateur attractions we discovered with an extensive walk-through section. Located on the corner of a quiet neighborhood, Nightmare Junction suggests a torture chamber, complete with dismembered bodies strung up above the fence that surrounds the property, plus various torture racks and other menacing devices. The grounds are patrolled by a hooded executioner, who pulls a cord to drop the guillotine on a dummy victim. Enterting the main gate leads you into a short, maze structure, with a couple of gory scenes and several jump scares.
Although we have not had time to edit the video we shot last night, Part 1 of our first Yard Haunt Odyssey video includes a segment on Nightmare Junction, which starts about 4 minutes in.
Nightmare Junction, located at 2220 Chandler Blvd in Burbank, will be back on Halloween night from dusk until…?
- Halloween Haunt Odyssey 2004 (More on this topic)
- Best Halloween Haunts in Los Angeles - 2005 (More on this topic)
- 2010 Halloween Haunt Odyssey, Part 1: Burbank Museums & Mazes (More on this topic)
- Halloween 2013: More Los Angeles Haunts Departed to the Lost Graveyard (More on this topic)
- Nightmare Junction Video Flashback (More on this topic)